Thursday, June 04, 2009

Random Ramblings...

"Sleep on your writing; take a walk over it; scrutinize it of a morning; review it of an afternoon; digest it after a meal; let it sleep in your drawer a twelvemonth; never venture a whisper about it to your friend, if he be an author especially." ~A. Bronson Alcott

I haven't written a word in a week, except my second installment of the Romance in the Backseat Short Story. Which, by the way, was intended to get the actual romance back on track. A couple of the other participating authors emailed each other to say, "Hey, what's up with all the secondary characters and ridiculous side plots...especially in a short story?" It's interesting to see that in a round robin, apparently, each author wants to up the ante and make her section a little crazier and more conflict-filled than the last.

But I think it was Anton Chekhov that said something about only needing 1 or 2 characters to tell a story. It's a good reminder.

Anyway, I did manage to get the 2 main characters in the round robin story alone together for a brief period of time. I haven't read yesterday's installment, so I think I'll venture over there now and check it out. Want to join me?

No comments: