Monday, June 07, 2010

Monday Mentionables: Win a SONY E-Reader!

Last week I participated in not one but TWO book signing/speaking events. Wednesday I was in my hometown talking the Ladies' Literary Society (which is celebrating its 130th year!!). Though I did speak for a bit about my background and my books, it was fairly low-key. Most of the women were 60+, with two 90-year old members! It was their end-of-season luncheon, which meant we just ate and chatted. I did sell 14 books, though, so that was nice.

And then over the weekend I was at a Barnes and Noble with 5 other romance authors, mostly from the Southern Tier RWA chapter. Lovely, lovely women! I sold 6 books, which was OK since it was pretty slow overall (nice weather + a local music and food festival drew most people away, I think). It's always nice to chat with fellow authors and also make connections with bookstore managers. I highly recommend it!

Finally, I need to mention fellow Samhain author Tilly Greene's AWESOME June giveaway contest. She's giving away both a SONY e-reader and a box chock-full of goodies from the recent RT Conference, to two lucky people who leave comments on her blog this month. She's featuring one author each day (I'm June 20th - I'll remind you again before then!), and every time you comment, you're entered into the contest.

Click on the button below for more info...and happy Monday!


Tilly Greeneā€™s Big Huge Reader Contest

1 comment:

Wendy S Marcus said...

Hi Allie!
Wow! You're busy...and busy is good. Shelley Sly, a writer blog friend is asking questions about YA. You're the only YA writer I know so I'm going to send her a link to your blog, but maybe you'd like to visit hers: http://storiesintheordinary.blogspot.com/