Saturday, April 18, 2009

Return from Paradise

"Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise." ~Victor Hugo

I'll post some vacation pictures later on today, after I finish unpacking (and recovering from yesterday's red-eye flight. yikes - how do people do that on a regular basis??) But yes, I'd say a week in Hawaii was just what the doctor ordered to chase away stress and sadness and steel myself for the craziness of the next 2 months!


I wish we could go back every year. Maybe if we lived in southern California, so the flight wasn't so long (or darn expensive), or if the prices went down -- c'mon! $15 for a glass of wine? $90 for a pedicure? Or if I signed that six-figure contract...which reminds me, I have some writing to do...

1 comment:

Mary Ricksen said...

Isn't there something great about sleeping in your own bed when you get home. Not as good as the vacation, but warm and fuzzy a feeling.