Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday Fun Facts: Respect Yourself Around the 'Net

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama

One Night in Boston is still #2 over at the Kindle Store, thanks to the Amazon Freebie program! I've gotten 5 more reviews over the last week, too - not all terrific, but reviews all the same. And promo is promo, spreading the word about your name and what you write. I'm so thankful to Samhain for supporting this Freebie program and selecting one of my books to be featured.

I'll mention here something I believe whole-heartedly: people pay attention to the way you act, in the world of publishing and certainly around the Internet. Treat people with respect. Be kind and honest as much as possible. Don't spread rumors. Don't attack others. It's amazing to me how quickly word can spread about those who are and are not professional. Remember that! And so, I do believe publishers know and value their authors who are mature, responsible, respectful, and who work their a** off to promote themselves. Be one of them!

No comments: