Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I Hate Electronic Submissions

This is not entirely true. Normally, I like them. I prefer them. They're much more convenient, and usually elicit a faster response, than queries sent by snail mail.

But today I had one bite me in the...well, you know where.

About 5 weeks ago, I submitted a query and partial to Virtual Tales. They were interested. So I followed up and sent the first 1/3 of my ms. (they consider works-in-progress).

Today I got an email from the editor with the subject line "Problem With Your Manuscript." Not a good sign.

Basically, when I attached and sent my ms., I somehow attached the wrong file, the file that includes the rough ending of the story and not the polished first 1/3. Terrific.

The only redeeming thing is that they asked me to send a "fixed" version, giving me a second chance. That's awfully nice of them. Because I feel like a complete numbskull who doesn't really deserve one.

Oh! It is so easy to slip up when you point and click and hit a button or two. Yikes...

No comments: