Monday, April 16, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
~James Dickey

Well, we’re weathering the storm here OK, though we’re seeing lots of local flooding. Could be worse, I suppose. Oh yes, it could be snow! That’s right. I’ll be thankful for small favors.

A member of my local RWA chapter loaned me The Book from last year’s RWA National Conference in Atlanta, and I had a chance to go through it over the weekend. Lots and lots of interesting-looking workshops; I don’t know how I would ever choose which ones to attend! I loved reading the workshop titles, alone. Here are some of my favorites:

50 Ways to (Nearly) Kill Your Lover
A Sagging Middle and What to Do About It
The Care and Feeding of Big Black Moments
Make It Last or Come Too Soon - How To Write Sexual Tension
Real Women Kick Ass
What Are You Feeling and Why Should I Care?


Finally, I received a really funny email clip from a friend over the weekend, which I’ll share with you all:


No comments: