Sunday, December 02, 2007

Pics from the Book Fair!

So I survived my first public appearance as a writer, yesterday, at the New York Small and Independent Press Book Fair in Manhattan! Had a good time, met some fellow authors, and best of all, met Dru, one of my online fans and fellow bloggers. It's always cool to finally put a face with a name, when you've been chatting in the virtual world for so long. I have a great picture of the two of us, but I know some people don't like their faces up posted in Internet world, so I won't put it on my blog unless she gives me the OK ;)

View from above: looking down on the main floor of the Book Fair



At our balcony table - isn't the banner behind us great??

Me chatting with Tilly Greene (on the left) and Stella Price (on the right) - both very cool, very friendly authors. I'm hoping to do some more PR events with them next year.

###
I'll be back tomorrow with a longer post about all the wisdom I learned (along with a brand new giveaway contest that I'm running for the whole month of December)...so stop back, OK?

###


P.S. It's snowing like crazy here, the first real storm of the season!

4 comments:

Dru said...

Hi Allie,

It was great meeting you as well.

Can you email me the photo that we took? I'll e-mail you.

ooh, I love that view from above.

It is snowing here as well and looks so pretty.

Have a good day!

Shelli Stevens said...

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun!! How exciting!

Diane Craver said...

Hi Allie,
I'm glad you and Dru met in person!
I like your picture - very pretty. The background is awesome with the romance ad.

It's raining here instead of snowing. Maybe you'll get a snow day tomorrow. In Ohio the schools are allowed 5 days due to weather. Amanda hates snow days and would rather go to school. Hard to believe. LOL

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you had a great time! Nice booth!