Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF: For Extra-Special Reasons, Today!

"I learned just enough in school to figure out that everything is not all there is to know." ~Anonymous

Yesterday one of my colleagues (who came to my launch party and bought Lost in Paradise) said, "I'm so glad that when I'm reading your book, I'm not thinking about you." Pause. "That's supposed to be a compliment." I laughed and said I got it - the heroine is not me and doesn't in any way remind her of me. And yeah, I took it as a compliment :)

***

FRIDAY'S FEAST:


Appetizer
What is the weather like today where you live?

Hot and humid - I feel sorry for all the schools that are holding their HS graduations today.


Soup
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?

Around a 9, I'd say ~ yesterday's post pretty much explains why.


Salad
What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?

Blinds in most rooms, that sorely need replacement (it's one of the things we haven't touched yet, after moving into this house 3 years ago).


Main Course
Name something that instantly cheers you up.

Either of my cats climbing into my lap and loving me :)


Dessert
How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?

Once - more than that and I'm running late...

***

Last day of school before summer vacation! Woo Hoo!!

6 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

So cute what your friend said! LOL...

Happy Friday, and happy Summer Vacation!

Carol said...

Happy Friday to ya!

Michelle Quinno said...

That's what I don't get about snooze buttons! Nice feast!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the snooze button. I am a snooze button queen. Not a Morning Person....always set my alarm half hour early so I can trick myself into getting up on time.

Then Husband comes and drags me out of me. I love my sleep, indeed I do.

Soooooo glad summer is here for you! Wahoo!

Happy Friday.

windycindy said...

Have a wonderful summer vacation! Hope you have lots of fun days.
Cindi

Dru said...

I do love when cats climb into laps and twirl and twirl and twirl until they are comfortable.

Enjoy your summer vacation. Do you have plans for the summer besides your book promotion activities?