Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank You

"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over." ~Gloria Naylor

Thanks, all, for your cyber-hugs and kind words yesterday. It's amazing how blogging can create this community of people you feel you know whether or not you've ever met them in person or have any idea what they look like. I think anyone who has a blog, or who visits them on a regular basis, has made this discovery as well. And it's a very cool one, in my opinion :)

While life goes on, regardless of the complications and crap, I've set a goal of finishing my revision of One Night in Napa in time to pitch it to an agent at the New Jersey RWA Conference in late October. I'm looking forward to the conference itself (and am going to participate in their Literacy Fair, selling my books) ~ and though I've never pitched a project to an editor or agent, I think it's probably a good time for me to give it a try. So fingers crossed and wish me luck...I have about 6 chapters, or 15000 words, to go. So it's managable. I just have to find the time!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Love that quote. Right there with you in revision mode. Can't wait for the NJ Conference and having something new (finally) to pitch.

Dru said...

Good luck with your revision and pitching.

Marianne Arkins said...

Good luck at the conference!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad you feel better. Good luck with the agent! If they pass you up they're a moron.

mslizalou said...

Good luck with the pitch! Glad you are feeling better too.

windycindy said...

Much luck to you in all of your endeavors! Cindi