Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun Friday Facts from Allie's Corner of the World

"Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat." ~Author Unknown

1. If I'm flying over a body of water any time in the near future, I want this guy to be my pilot.

2. I'm halfway through reading/proofreading the galley of One Night in Memphis and remembering why I love the story so much. Can't wait 'til it comes out in print!

3. It is negative 2 degrees right now, as I write this. And that doesn't factor in the wind chill. Yikes.

4. When I lived in Cleveland, Ohio, in the mid-1990s, there was a record-setting stretch of 10 days when the temperature never got above 0 at all...so I think I can live through today without a problem.

What's the temperature where you are? C'mon, let's have an informal poll here today and see where everyone's writing in from...

7 comments:

Margay Leah Justice said...

According to my handy-dandy weather icon on my computer, it is a balmy -5 degrees here in Hudson, Massachusetts at present.
Margay

Marianne Arkins said...

According to my thermometer outside my patio door, it's -13 (whether that's entirely accurate, I don't know... but it's certainly cold). We're supposed to have a high of 3 degrees today. Woo.

re: Can't wait 'til it comes out in print!

ME, EITHER!!!

Liz said...

yep it's cold here to - they are saying with wind chill - 16. I am ot one of those people who complain about the heat. I don't own a air conditioner.

Dru said...

Here in the city it is 10 degrees and sunny.

mslizalou said...

It's 7 right now in Nashville. I think we might get up to 20 today.

Diane Craver said...

It was -7 in Cincy, OH this morning but now it's up to 4 degrees.

GladysMP said...

It has been in the 40's here in Houston most of the week, but we actually were surprised by having a few flakes of snow one night in December. It wasn't enough to coat the grass, but did cover the top of cars, then was gone by morning. It was the first snow here in years and people sent pictures into the TV stations.