Monday, March 09, 2009

EPICon Revisited

"I get it now; I didn't get it then. That life is about losing and about doing it as gracefully as possible...and enjoying everything in between." ~Mia Farrow

Well, I made it back from the EPIC Conference (bleary-eyed and drinking coffee by the gallon this morning, thanks to a hellish flight yesterday which included not only a "ground stop" of an hour in Vegas before we left BUT ALSO a "funky jetway" when we landed which prevented us from deplaning for another 30 minutes...)

but anyway...

I did not win the EPPIE in my category (sad face here). But I'm still glad I went, and I'm still pleased to be a finalist. While I'm disappointed, I have to remind myself that my first ebook was published less than 2 years ago, and my first print book less than 1 year ago. I have a lot of learning and growing to do. I also found it interesting, listening to all the presenters being introduced, that almost every one of them writes full-time. So I guess I'm also pleased that I can squeeze out a book a year while also working a full-time job (until Oprah calls, anyway).

I'm now off to teach on 4 hours of sleep...this should be fun...

6 comments:

Liz said...

Sad face for me too, but still so proud of you! Looking forward to the print release and your signing at Borders

Marianne Arkins said...

Welcome home. And... just being nominated is pretty amazing if you consider the sheer volume of books released every year.

Where can we find a list of all the winners?

Diane Craver said...

Good luck on teaching today!

Glad you went and sounds like it was a great experience. Congrats on being nominated - what an accomplishment and honor!

Mary Ricksen said...

I wish it had been you. But what an honor to be a finalist. But I am glad to enjoyed the event.
A book a year is pretty good if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Although it would have been nice for you to have won, your family and friends are extremely proud that you were a finalist! I'll wait till next year to go to the Oprah Show!!

Anonymous said...

You have much to be proud of - you've accomplished a lot in a short period of time - this is the start of great things to come! Looking forward to seeing you soon and the book signing!