Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why We Stayed Inside Yesterday...

"For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born."

~Alice Freeman Palmer

Yes, we're vacationing in one of the most beautiful places on earth. And yes, we spent a good deal of yesterday inside. Why? Well, aside from the fact that I decided 15 SPF was strong enough sunblock (um, it wasn't), and after 1:00 or so had to stay out of the rays for good, hubby sat down with Lost in Paradise...

and...

proceeded to read the entire thing.

Seriously.

He brought the book along with the goal of finishing it by the end of the week, but couldn't put it down once he started it. For me, that's a good enough reason to spend an afternoon in Hawaii indoors. :)

To everyone who celebrates it, here's wishing you a wonderful, peaceful, and happy Easter Sunday!

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

That's awesome!! Wish I could get MY DH to read some of my work...

*sigh*

Liz said...

I also read Lost in Paradise in one day sitting at the beach in Pt. Pleasant - it was the perfect beach read.

Mary Ricksen said...

I can't get me DH to even look at the book! Your husband is wonderful. How did you get so lucky!
I'll bet it was the best feeling ever for you.