Friday, June 12, 2009

Time for Another Trailer

"Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read." ~Leo Burnett

Well, since the release date for One Night in Napa is coming up in about 6 weeks, I've been thinking about making a trailer for it. I haven't done a lot (any) promotion for it...which is bad, but it's the end of school and CRAZY busy. Not a really good excuse, but an excuse all the same. Anyway, since it's an e-release I'll focus more on online promo, obviously, but a trailer should probably be one of those.

Lately, on the Samhain Author discussion loop, there's been talk of a trailer-making class -- whether they translate into sales, where to post them, how to make a professional-looking one. I'm not sure they do in fact translate into sales, but it's all part of the bigger strategy of branding one's name. The more places your author name appears, the more likely it is that readers will remember it.

So...maybe I'll start playing around with ideas. I do like the creative process; it just takes a while to find photos and music and put it all together. Then it's off to upload it to as many places as I can find. And if you have any suggestions, please share!

2 comments:

Diane Craver said...

Good luck on the new trailer. I'm sure it will be great!

Have a nice weekend, Allie.

Allie Boniface said...

Thanks, Diane. You too!