Monday, October 19, 2009

"A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money." ~Anonymous

Finished proofreading the galley for One Night in Napa this weekend - thankfully! Whew...but it's always nice, in reading something you've written, to love the story again. I do like this one and can't wait to see it in print!

***

Diane Craver wrote me a lovely review of it, by the way. Here's just a snippet:

"I enjoyed the fast moving suspense in One Night in Napa...During the twenty-four hours, the climax explodes with passion and sexual desire between Kira and Grant...I have read all of Allie Boniface's novels and I highly recommend them. Her books, including her latest, are always exciting and satisfying page-turners filled with lots of emotion..."

Thanks, Diane!

***

I'm excited: the end of this week, I'm off to Boston where I'm being given a teaching award by Boston College. Can't wait to see the student who nominated me - she's a senior there and looking forward to "showing off" her adopted hometown and school.

***

Did you see that 3 people died during the Detroit Marathon yesterday?? Now that's scary...

2 comments:

Diane Craver said...

It's so awesome you are receiving a teaching award from a former student. And you get the award at Boston College - very cool.

MJFredrick said...

That is so cool about the award! Congratulations!