Friday, December 04, 2009

Friday Fun Facts

"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?" ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Received my Romance Writers Report the other day...I'm always interested to see what articles are featured. Here are some of the highlights in December:

What Can Internet Communities do for You?
Hook those Readers with a Great Scene
Writing by Committee?
There is No Such Thing as Bad Publicity and Other Famous Lies
The Warrior Writer: Using Green Beret Techniques as an Author

The most interesting for me, though, was an interview with best-selling author Christina Dodd. A couple of my favorite excerpts:

"The most important thing an author can have is an absolutely brutish belief in herself and her talent, and she can never, ever allow the facts to change that faith..."

"...on any given day, successful writers write the best way they can, and if what they're doing doesn't work, they adapt. Best way to write a book, I guess. But, I admit, I spend an incredible amount of time thinking I know nothing. That seems to be part of the job."

Please note: Tomorrow I'll be featuring a special Weekend Writer's Interview with author Joanna Challis. Stop back on Saturday to read her interview and find out how to win a copy of her new book!

No comments: