Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Mentionables: A Good Week for Writing :)

One of the nicest things about attending a writers' group meeting is being inspired to write again. This past Saturday, I went to my local HVRWA meeting, featuring a visit by editor Trish Owens from The Wild Rose Press. While a lot of what she spoke about focused on erotice romance, since that's the line she edits for TWRP, she had some helpful tips for all writers. Plus it was just nice to be around other writers who are busy pecking away and sending out work for publication. It inspired me enough to spend a lot of Sunday working on a short story that's been on my back burner for a while.

I also had a Borders signing Saturday afternoon, and I sold a respectable 16 books - about half to people I didn't know, always a good thing! I mean, I love my friends who show up to support me, but it's also nice to have strangers either discover you or deliberately seek out your books because they know your writing already.

One more appearance for the year, Barnes and Noble next month - just 2 weeks before Christmas, so I'm hoping that will be a good day as well.

How was your weekend?

No comments: