Monday, November 08, 2010

Monday Mentionables: News from the Agent Front

Well, in case you haven't heard, the big news in the agenting world is that Nathan Bransford is leaving agenting to work in the tech industry, as of sometime mid-last week, apparently. I think it came as a shock to everyone - he's a very popular agent who ran/runs a very popular blog. I did submit my YA to him and got back this response late last week:

Thank you for your note. I am no longer an agent with Curtis Brown Ltd. and will now be working in the tech industry. If you'd like to submit to another agent at Curtis Brown Ltd., please visit our website for a list of agents and our submission guidelines:

http://www.curtisbrown.com

Interesting to know that he's leaving the world of agenting...wonder why? Anyone hear any scuttlebutt?

In other (semi-related) news, I currently have my full YA manuscript out with 3 agents, two of whom requested the full from the initial query, and one who requested a partial and synopsis and then (within a day) requested the full. Times back will vary from 1 to 3 months, so I have to settle down and not expect anything soon. Will keep you posted!

No comments: