Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Writers' Wednesday: Two Helpful Links

I'm about halfway through my latest WIP, Beacon of Love, and though I went through over the weekend and made some major plot changes (and a character name that just wasn't working for me), I'm surging ahead now and trying, trying to get to my goal of 60K words by the end of the month.

But...

I wanted to take a moment to briefly share two links with writers today.

The first is Goddess Fish Promotions, partner site to The Long and the Short of It and run by two of very talented writing/reviewing/promoting friends. (That's not why I'm chatting it up though). They have some great options when it comes to promoting your new release. If you'd like to guest blog or do some online appearances but aren't sure how or where to start, they will set up the whole thing for you. Great price ranges, too. Check them out here.

And the second is Savvy Authors. I'll be doing some workshops for them later this summer, but as I was perusing their site I discovered that they have the AWESOME opportunity for writers to pitch to agents and editors, on a fairly regular basis. This week alone, agents/editors from Larsen Pomada, Sourcebooks, Judith Ehrlich, and Ethan Ellenberg have been/will be there. So check it out!

Now I'm back to the keyboard...

2 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Hey, Allie -- thanks for the shout out! Sorry it took so long to get over here. Just a quick note though: the link to Goddess Fish Promotions is broken (you have a comma hanging out there that shouldn't be).

We're at Goddess Fish Promotions.

Thanks again (and hope you survived the heat)!

Allie Boniface said...

Fixed! Thanks!