Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mentionables: I Need a Cough Remedy!

So I've been getting over a cold recently and dealing with the dreaded night-time cough, which drives me absolutely crazy! It's lasted a little over a week so far, and in my efforts to ease it, I've tried the following:
~sleeping on extra pillows
~sleeping with a humidifier next to me
~drinking tea with honey
~putting Vicks on the soles of my feet
~drinking lots of water
~taking a teaspoon of honey mixed with lemon juice
~sucking on cough drops
~taking doctor-prescribed medicine with codeine
~drinking a glass or two of wine before bed (not with the codeine lol)

Nothing has worked. The tea has come the closest. I know I'm on the mend (it gets a little better each night), I know my lungs are clear, and I know a cough is the body's way of clearing my airways. But I can only survive on 4 hours of sleep for so long! If anyone has other remedies I haven't tried, please please share them!

On the flip side, lying awake at night gives me lots of time to think about my plotline and my next story...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, you've tried about everything! How about ice water?

Marianne Arkins said...

I had the same thing a few weeks back...was AWFUL and the cough lingered for two+ weeks. You know what helped (and I don't know why because I wasn't congested at all)? Mucinex.

I hope you feel better soon!

Allie Boniface said...

You know, Marianne, someone else recommended Mucinex too...maybe that will be my next try!