Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Mentionables: Battling the Flu and Chatting about Paradise

Happy Monday, everyone! We've been battling the flu here at our house all weekend long (poor husband, not feeling very well), so here's a head's-up: it's a really good idea to get the flu shot each year. I got the flu once, the first year I started teaching (oh yes, those germy germs are everywhere in schools!), and ever since, I've gotten the shot. I never want to feel that miserable again :( It's a tough illness, too, since there's not much you can do except wait it out and try to rest and ease your symptoms.

Suffice to say that I am armed with Lysol wipes, rubber gloves, bleach, and matches (yes, some things will be burned) so I can rid the house of this virus once hubby is back in the land of the living.

While I wasn't washing my hands 100x a day and bringing chicken broth, gingerale, and tissues to Mr. Sick this weekend, I was sharing the news that my new release, The Promise of Paradise, is on sale over at Amazon's Kindle store for the super-low price of $.99 - today as well! And I'll grovel a little here and ask any of you who have read it (or bought it), to leave a review on Amazon too...since those stars definitely affect people's buying decisions AND since I don't have any yet :(

Finally, I do want to mention that I'll be blogging and guest-posting and doing giveaways around the Web for the next few months, and I'll keep track of them over there, on the right sidebar of this blog, so you can find me and enter for some of those giveaways as well! Hope to see you in cyberspace :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry the flu hit your502 house. Did "Hubby" get a flu shot??

Allie Boniface said...

Nope...but I'm hoping this will convince him to, from now on!