"I dream for a living."
Snagged this movie meme from Marianne:
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. Probably The Sound of Music - you know, the annual Thanksgiving Day broadcast. Other than that, I don’t watch repeats that often.
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. The English Patient, Schindler’s List, Brokeback Mountain. Hmm…why do I go back for all the heavy, depressing ones? Catharsis?
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. I don’t know of anyone who’d be a HUGE draw. I like Mark Wahlberg and Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz too.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Jim Carrey. Can’t stand him. Sorry!
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from. When Harry Met Sally.
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Many, thanks to growing up with parents who owned umpteen movie musical records. Oklahoma, Kiss Me Kate, The Robber Bridegroom, West Side Story, The King and I, Carousel, Bye Bye Birdie…
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. See above!
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. The recent animated film Cars. Perfect for any age.
9. Name a movie you own. Lots. Without looking at my collection, I know there’s American Graffitti, Cars, Brokeback Mountain, The Lake House, Austin Powers, Dodgeball. At school, I have a stack of teacher movies, including Radio, Hoosiers, Mean Girls, Coach Carter, Music of the Heart, Stand and Deliver.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Mark Wahlberg (see yesterday’s post).
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? Yes, though not ‘til I was in my 20’s. There weren’t any around where I lived as a child. Last summer, we saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 at a drive-in.
12. Ever made out in a movie? Um…yes. C’mon, I was a teenager once!
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. The Pursuit of Happyness.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? No.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Oh, many. I’m a softy when it comes to that. Most recently, The Lake House.
16. Popcorn? Depends. Sometimes.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Maybe every couple of months. Too expensive!
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? Actually, hubby and I just saw Shooter over the weekend.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Romantic comedy, though I will take in a scary movie (with someone other than hubby…he refuses to watch them!)
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? Can’t recall.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? Point Break, with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze. Not good and went on for far too long.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? What constitutes weird?
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? Nightmare on Elm Street - it was the first R-rated movie I saw in the theater (I was a pre-teen), and I couldn’t sleep for days afterwards.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? Hmm…probably the Austin Powers series: Mike Myers at his best.
Want to play? Turns out you can tell a lot about a person by the movies they like...