Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Sunday-Monday Blog

"My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and that's the law."

~Jerry Seinfeld


OK, those of you who visit on a regular basis know that I usually take the weekends off from posting.

But today I had to write, because tomorrow I probably won't, because...

Guess why?

Guess where I'm sitting right now?

In sunny Florida, about 60 miles south of Tampa and 5 miles from the Gulf Coast.

Seriously.

I took the weekend to visit my parents, who are newly retired and wintering down here, and I'm flying back tomorrow morning. (I really, really, do not enjoy flying, but I haven't figured out any other way to cover 1000 miles in less than 3 hours.)

It's been a wonderful respite from the cold and gray that is New York winters, and I know how lucky I am to be able to hop on a plane and leave that behind for 3 days.

So here's an interesting question for you: if you could go anywhere in the world, for just 3 days, where would you go, and why??

4 comments:

Judy said...

You were about to get royally yelled out for coming through Georgia on your way to Florida and not stopping... but since you flew, you're forgiven :-)

I hope you've enjoyed your visit!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'd go back to California -- I desperately miss my friends out there. But GAH! I hate to fly.

Lucky you in the warmth. I'm terribly jealous!

Anonymous said...

Flight time not included, I would have to say Antarctica because I want to visit and I don't think I could stand more than 3 days of cold, snow and ice. I get that already in Upstate New York!

Anonymous said...

I also hate flying but wish I could overcome that because I would travel throughout the world.

Right now, I would like to fly to Southern CA and then leisurely drive up the West Coast stopping frequently to inspect anything that attracted my attention.

Glad you got to see your parents.