Why I love writers’ groups:
1. They understand the meaning of query, synopsis, partial, black moment, hero’s journey, POV, H/H, WIP, and RWA.
2. They are brutally honest about why the scene in the middle of your story absolutely, 100%, does not have to be there. And they will pick you up when you’re finished mourning after deleting it.
3. They will bend over backwards to help you research a city/celebrity/disease/time period for your latest WIP.
4. They will meet you at Border’s on a Thursday evening and willingly give you feedback on your latest chapter even though it’s 6:00 and they could be at home sitting down to dinner or having a big ol’ glass of wine with their feet up.
5. They will celebrate with you at every milestone on your writing journey.
What do you appreciate most about your writing group/critique partners?