5 Childhood Memories of my Mom:
1. She would always get up in the middle of a summer night when it rained, come into my bedroom, and close the windows so the floor didn't get wet. 30 years later, I still think of that when I wake up at 1 am to a thunderstorm.
2. She made an awesome concoction of honey and lemon juice anytime I had a cough. Much better than any cough syrup you could buy at the store!
3. She always had boxes of cereal, milk, and our favorite orange bowls on the table when my father, sister and I came downstairs for breakfast in the morning. It's only now that I wonder how early she had to get up to do that.
4. She came to my school when I was in first grade and scolded the librarian for not letting me take out books from the "blue" section because those were only for 2nd graders and up (forget that I was reading at about a 3rd grade level then).
What do you remember most about your mother?? And for what do you love her the world over??
5. She was always there. And I mean, for every breakfast, for every dinner, for every sporting event, for every play or concert I was in. For the awkward moments when I was an adolescent. For every bad breakup with a lousy boyfriend. For the night I got engaged, and the morning I got married. For every time I have a question about cooking a casserole or planting a perennial. Always.