Monday, May 14, 2007

Two New Links

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
~Cicero

Did you know that May is "Get Caught Reading Month?" Me either, but apparently it is. The official website has some interesting information regarding books and literacy, especially the Literacy Fact Sheet.

There's a new blogger in cyber-world, a local teacher/musician/friend of mine who shares 3 Things To Do every day on his blog: swing by and leave him a comment!

That's all for today, since it's another crazy Monday. Quick note, though: Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to go to a college graduation of a former student...it was me and 11 of her family members for the celebration dinner afterwards. I had such a lovely time, and felt so honored to be included with her immediate family, and I told her and her mother as much. Her response? "Well, you've been such an important part of all this, of me getting here. I couldn't not invite you."

Who says teaching isn't the most rewarding profession in the world??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful that your former student gave you that wonderful comment and included you to celebrate her accomplishment.

I didn't know it was "Get Caught Reading Month" either. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Get Caught Reading Month. I will have to check out the website. Thanks!