Sunday, May 27, 2007

Why I Didn't Post Yesterday, and Other Notes from the Home Improvement Front

So there's a very good reason why I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday.

Hubby is doing major work on our property, mostly a new garage that he put up last fall, and this weekend's plan was to run the water and electric from the house to the garage.

So Friday he started digging up the driveway...





And around late afternoon I realized I couldn't get online. Checked the phone and discovered no dial tone either. Asked hubby if perhaps he'd cut the phone line by accident.


Lo and behold, he had.


I suggested maybe he should stop digging with heavy equipment until he (A) called to find out where the electric lines were buried, or (B) waited for my brother-in-law, who's done this sort of thing before, to arrive (he and my sister were on their way down for the weekend).


He decided just to "do a little bit more." This resulted, about 10 minutes later, in him cutting the electric line. So no power, on Friday evening of a holiday weekend.




Wait, there's more...

After we were lucky enough to get an electrician to come out, and the power company to turn off the power so they could fix it, we discovered that not only did he kill the power to our house, he killed the power to our neighbors' homes as well.




Needless to say, we're not too popular on the street right now...

Anyway, thus my absence from cyber-world yesterday. Still, I'm back now, and all is (fairly) well at home.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and just so you know, I did choose my cover for One Night in Boston, and no I'm not telling you which one it is. You'll have to wait 'til the release date (or at least the coming soon attractions) to know for sure!

6 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

LOLOLOLOL.... men always know what's best, don't they?

And, no fair about the cover. That's not even nice. Yes. I'm pouting.

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope your cover is posted soon on the coming soon pages.

Why don't men listen to us? Glad you have electric again.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You poor thing! I'm glad things are up and running again. We got back from vacation yesterday evening to find we had no power, but that was due to a storm. Nevertheless, it only just got turned back on around 1 pm today.

Glow sticks and batteries. They're your friends!

Anonymous said...

From the man of the house. A woman always seams to make things sound like the big dumn man done gone and messed things up again. Gee golly gosh how boring life would be without us dumn men to talk about.

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

Bill said...
Hahahaha, why do people find amusement in other peoples misfortunes? lol Still, I could picture my day going like that as well. So I can laugh along with and not at:)
Bill