Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Catch and Release

So I saw this movie over the weekend. It wasn't exactly what I expected (I was thinking light and fluffy romantic comedy, but it was actually much more serious in spots), but I did enjoy it overall.

Mostly, I enjoyed watching the character development and the varying conflicts that built up the romance. If you haven't seen it, and you're a writer (especially a romance writer), it's a good study in how and when to introduce conflicts between your H/H and raise them until you get to your black moment.

There's one character and subplot I wasn't completely convinced of, but other than that, it was an enjoyable view. Here's the trailer, for a bit of rainy Tuesday entertainment. Anyone else seen the movie? Like it or hate it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw "Catch and Release." I liked it but not a movie I'd watch a second time.

MJFredrick said...

I really liked it, but not enough to buy it. I LOVE JG.