Monday, September 24, 2007

It's Monday, and I'm Running Late, and...

...I still have papers to grade for my students that I just couldn't get to over this gorgeous weekend, so I'm off to work super-early to catch up.

In the meantime, though, here's a preview of a fun Halloween contest coming up next week:



The details aren't up yet at their website, but here's the deal: around 60 authors are participating. What do you have to do? Beginning October 1, search for a special Raven Halloween Hunt graphic hidden somewhere on those authors' sites. When you do, you're eligible for a bunch of different prizes, all donated by the authors themselves. More details should be coming soon...

Cool idea for a promotion, and to get people to visit all the pages of your website, right?

And speaking of promotion, I'm amazed to find that the contest I entered and won last week has given me more free publicity than nearly all of the other efforts I've put forth so far! I've already heard from a number of people who bought my book just from seeing it on the contest page.

So hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good news about people buying your book as a result of your exposure from the contest!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

There may be no such thing as bad publicity, but there IS such a thing as good! Congrats!

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on winning the contest.
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you in the big Raven Hunt!

:D