Friday, January 18, 2008

A 3-Day Weekend AND a Snow Delay!

Wow, nice way to start the 3-day weekend, with a 2-hour weather delay. I guess there's some slick stuff outside (I should probably look before I go careening off to work in a couple of hours)...been a weird sort of winter so far, what with more ice and sleet than rain. Guess we can thank global warming for that.

Anyway, here's the Friday Feast - enjoy!

Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?
It really depends on the moment:

Morning: Starbucks Nonfat Latte
Evening: A glass of good Chianti if it's been a long day
Water every other time

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.
Home:
1. A calendar with all my deadlines for writing and promotional events
2. A cute little sticky note holder with the acronym "BIC, HOK!!" on it (that's "Butt in Chair, Hands on Keyboard" for those who don't write...it means no procrastinating)
3. My Zune with all my favorite music!

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?
Maybe a 7? I'm not always completely honest when telling people I love their new haircut or stuff like that. I'd rather preserve their feelings.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?
Not the name, but the slogan: Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the city itself, with all its history, and I've spent many weekends there, but the Philly natives are definitely NOT the nicest I've come across. Especially when they're driving. I'd change it to Philadelphia, we're not our brothers' keepers.

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?
Stress? Too many things on my plate at once. And people at work who don't pull their weight or are too dense to understand something even after you've explained it 5 times.
Calm? Reading, writing, playing the piano, working out. Oh, and see "favorite evening beverage" above.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Great feast!! Have a wonderful Friday!

Marianne Arkins said...

The funny thing for us is that we've actually had a COLDER and snowier winter than normal!

Have you seen Ninth Moon? Your BICHOK thing reminded me of it. They've got a bunch of BICHOK stuff, and lots more. I could go a little nuts.

Happy weekend!

Laski said...

I am so with you on the Salad and Dessert! Even though I am off for hte year, I still love snow delays and SNOW DAYS!!! I miss the calls I would get at 5 am (the only calls I was OK getting at 5 am) telling me we have a delay or snow day. I miss the excitement I would feel--I was like a little kid!

Dru said...

I like your Friday Feast.

Enjoy your 3-day weekend!

windycindy said...

Thanks for the Chianti idea. I can use it! Enjoy your weekend! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

The Blonde Duck said...

Be sure to visit my blog to read an interview on Emma Sanders!

Allie Boniface said...

Laskigal, it's so true about those early morning phone calls - love 'em!

Alice said...

I like the BIC HOK idea. I think I'll implement it on my end too even though I'm not a writer. I can use it for my studies... :D

Have a good weekend!

Judy said...

I'm finally getting here. And I need to drink a LOT more water than I do. :::hangs head in shame::: and a lot more BICHOK too... but, I DID start revising a short story today. The first "me" writing I've done since Thanksgiving.