Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. " (Bill Vaughan)

Last night arond 11:00 I was definitely agreeing with this quote, even though I'd like to think I'm still pretty far from middle age!

Still, I do always love the start to a new year, and the farewell to the old...something about clean slates and empty pages waiting to be filled...

I have some exciting news to start 2008!

First, both Lost in Paradise and One Night in Boston have been nominated over at The Long and the Short of It Best Romance of 2007 Poll!! So scoot on over there when you get a chance...

...and if you need some help deciding which to vote for, you might want to read this 5-Angel review Lost in Paradise just received from Fallen Angel Reviews! In part, it says

"Lost in Paradise by Allie Boniface is an emotional love story that draws the reader in and keeps the pages turning as the couple overcomes obstacles on their journey to true love...Ms. Boniface develops the characters well, enabling the reader to understand the pain and fear that threaten to keep Eddie and Ashton apart. The author presents a solid conflict, keeping the reader engaged until the satisfying conclusion. Lost in Paradise was a delight to read. I can recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a love story that brings an unlikely couple together..."

Finally, I'm happy to announce the winner of my December Book-Blog Giveaway: WindyCindy will receive a brand new, once-read copy of Scenes from a Holiday! [Cindy, email me at allieb@allieboniface.com to arrange the mailing details] Thanks to everyone who commented in the month of December - and I'll be giving away a book in January too! Stay tuned...I'll be announcing the details this Thursday.

Have a terrific start to a brand new year...may it be the start of something wonderful for you:)

6 comments:

Dru said...

Congratulations on your nomination in the LASR poll.

Congrats WindyCindy on your prize.

Have a good day.

Sarita Leone said...

What a great quote! I'm smiling!

Congrats on your nominations. I've read both titles and they were both super stories. Good luck!

Diane Craver said...

Congratulations on your nominations! I haven't read them but plan to.

L. Lemanski said...

Congrats on your nominations! A wonderful validation of talent! I haven't read either, so I'm adding it to my "To Read" list!

windycindy said...

Hello! I hope you have even more nominations in this new year. What honored accomplishments! Hope you have a phenomenal 2008.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Shelli Stevens said...

Congrats on the nominations! That's awesome. And I totally agree with that quote! LOL. I'm lucky to make it to midnight.