Friday, January 25, 2008

One More Look

"I have long feared that my sins would return to visit me, and the cost would be more than I could bear."
~from "The Patriot"



Marianne told me yesterday that I forgot to include a video from "The Patriot," which of course Heath Ledger was also in. I didn't forget, really, I just couldn't find one I liked with him in it. I still wish I could find one with him actually speaking, but here's a fanvid with background music that's just too damn heartbreaking. So, one more tribute for the guy who died too young:



And now for something slightly more cheerful to end the work week, here's your Friday Feast:

Appetizer
How many times per day do you usually laugh?
Wow, I have no idea...I never stopped to count! Maybe 20? (I teach high school students, so it might be a lot more than that...I laugh at them every chance I get)

Soup
What do your sunglasses look like?
Over-sized, squarish, dark...I like going for the whole "important actress" look (kidding)

Salad
You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?
Through the Rocky Mountains, of course. Gorgeous! I think there's actually a train trip by Amtrak that does this...I would love to take it someday.

Main Course
Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.
It's small enough that when you're on vacation, the local police will come by and check your house twice/day.

Dessert
If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?
Hmm...maybe that awesome pink and orange that a really great sunset offers. Of course, we'd get used to that after awhile too, just like with the blue, but for a while it would be cool.

4 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

The Patriot is one of my favorite movies. I am so saddened by this news. What a loss.

Hmm...I can't help but think the sky would look gorgeous if it was a dusty lilac. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Regardless of how his death happened, it's a really great loss. He was an amazing actor, and one of my favorites, who had everything to live for.

windycindy said...

I love all of your comments in your "Friday Feast!" Thanks for sharing! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Dru said...

I like the combo of pink and orange for the skyl visually it looks peaceful.