“To a foreigner a Yankee is an American. To an American a Yankee is a Northerner. To a Northerner a Yankee is a New Englander. To a New Englander a Yankee is a Vermonter. To a Vermonter a Yankee is a person who eats apple pie for breakfast.” ~Michael Owen Jones
Well, Pam tagged me with this meme, and I haven't played in a while, so I'll try to see if I can come up with 6 things you don't already know about me...
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Random Things About Me:
1. I can count from 1 to 20 in German.
2. I don't eat any kind of cooked fruit (it's a texture thing; I don't think fruit should be warm and mushy) - this includes apple pie, blueberry muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, etc.
3. I started walking when I was 9 months old. I also did dance and gymnastics for most of my childhood and teenage years. I was also born on a Tuesday, which means I'm supposed to be "full of grace." All this and still I run into doorframes and the corners of walls when I'm walking through a building, even my own house. Seriously.
4. I'm the chair of my department at work, which means I get to tell people what to do. It's fun.
5. I can grip things with my toes. This was very helpful when I was in gymnastics and needed to stay on the balance beam. Now, apparently, it's just a novelty thing, as hubby likes to call me "ape toes" in his oh-so-affectionate tone. I suspect he's just jealous.
6. I don't like any of the following condiments: mayonnaise, mustard, relish, or onions. You can imagine that I eat a pretty plain hamburger.
I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to play, leave me a comment and let me know!