"The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose. "~E.M. Gray
So it's about 2 weeks until my official print release dates for One Night in Boston and Lost in Paradise. What am I doing this week for promo? Here's the unofficial list...
1. Sending handwritten notes with book info and a SAS postcard (in the hopes they want more info) to independent bookstores in and around Boston, Rhode Island, and southern New Hampshire (this was a suggestion from a couple of different authors I've spoken to in the last 6 months). Of course I didn't get around to buying my Forever stamps last week, so I'm paying the extra penny per envelope starting today...
2. Contacting libraries & book clubs listed on www.booktour.com about possible author visits this summer.
3. Going through www.meetup.com and making a list of any relevant groups that might be interested in a visit from moi.
4. Following up with the woman who's making me some banners to post on a couple of different websites. (I'm excited about this one ~ I don't have any banners right now and am clueless about how to make them myself!)
5. Drafting the next two chapters of One Night in Napa so that I can actually continue to have manuscripts to query (and yes, Summer's Song is still in the wings, waiting patiently for me to revise her once and for all and then send out agent/editor letters. That's on the calendar for June...).
Oh, and don't forget about my contest...every time you post a comment here during the month of May, you're entered into the drawing to win an autographed copy of one of my books!