Friday, May 09, 2008

TGIF!!

"My big stand is this: Every child deserves a home and love. Period." ~Dave Thomas, found of Wendy's

Thanks for all the warm wishes yesterday , everyone!

And this is weird, but if you go to Amazon now and search for Lost in Paradise, only the Kindle edition comes up. You can still get there by clicking a specific link I already established (like this one), so it's in their system somewhere, but...guess I'll have to email them today to find out what's up!

***

And here's my Friday Feast...

Appetizer
When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?


Always.

Soup
Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?


A mix of carpet (in the bedrooms), hardwood (in the foyer, kitchen, dining room) and tile (in the great room). It works.

Salad
Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.


Apples always attract amorous ants.

Main Course
Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?


Of people? Yep: one of my closest friends at school is an aunt to a boy and girl from Kazhakstan; my principal is mom to 2 girls from China; 2 co-workers have grown sons who are adopted; and I once dated a guy who was adopted (his sister too).

Of furry people? Yep again: we have 2 cats, one adopted from a shelter, one from our front porch. Then there's my parents, some friends at school, a writing friend out in CA, my childhood friend in Detroit...

[I would be surprised if anyone *couldn't* answer this question with a "yes."]

Dessert
Name 2 blue things.


1. The ocean off the Gulf coast of Florida.
2. My cover for One Night in Boston :)

Have a great day!

7 comments:

GreenishLady said...

Seems I've met your blog for the first time just in time to congratulate you on your new arrivals - plural! I am impressed. Well done, and enjoy!

I enjoyed your Feast, too!

Ivanhoe said...

I know just one person who has been adopted. That's it. But I plan to adopt/rescue a dog from a shelter soon. Have a great weekend!

Dru said...

nice feast. It took me awhile to come up with the salad:

Daydreaming daily delivers decadent dates.

Have a good Friday and weekend.

Kim said...

Great feast! I'm having fun reading everyone's Salad. How interesting they all are. I had a hard time with mine, "K".

It's wonderful reading all the adoption stories.

Come on over and feast with me.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time in your blog. I liked the way you wrote this entry.
Apples always attract amorous ants.
very nicely said.

windycindy said...

My husband sister is adopted. She is a child of the Vietnam War. A Thai mother and an American GI Dad!
I like your sentence done with your name! Very impressive. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Cynthia said...

Hi Allie,

Congrats on the book signing!

Thanks for the CA mention for pet adoption. I'm in my fifth year as a kitten foster and so far over 225 kittens have spent time in my home. I had three adoptions this week and right now I'm enjoying my two adopted girls - Jazz and Jubilee.

BTW, I'll be in Denver May 15-17th to visit Razz AKA Lori and for a Girl's Night In reading and book signing.

Life's good!

Cynthia