Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Love New Hampshire

Really, I do. It's such a pretty state (OK, in the summer anyway) - the people are nice, and there's still so much unspoiled countryside. Plus, I'm meeting Marianne for lunch TODAY. Very exciting!

Update on yesterday's appearance: the Lincoln Public Library in central NH hosted me for a lovely talk last night~ the librarian is charming and enthusiastic and loves having authors visit. (She'd ordered 2 copies of each of my books but hadn't read them yet since they'd been out ~ one woman returned Lost in Paradise as she walked into the reading and said she read it in one night ~ "I couldn't put it down!")

I spoke to a group of 12 for an hour or so; they were kind and attentive and asked good questions. I also read a couple of excerpts from Lost in Paradise, and after my talk I sold 6 books. So I was happy!

6 comments:

Dru said...

Enjoy your visit with Marianne anda congrats on selling 6 books.

Have a good Wednesday.

Diane Craver said...

Allie,
That's awesome you sold 6 books. Have fun visiting with Marianne!

Btw, I posted reviews on the book sites for LOST IN PARADISE and ONE NIGHT IN MEMPHIS - thoroughly enjoyed both books!

Marianne Arkins said...

Only a few more hours... yay!

I'm glad you had a good time. :-)

Devon Gray said...

Congratulations! Reading a book in one night is quite a complement!

Unknown said...

How wonderful is it to hear a reader tell you that they read your book in one day because they couldn't put it down? That's about as good as it gets!

windycindy said...

What a wonderful day for you! I hope your luncheon went well. Cindi