Saturday, October 11, 2008

What Did I Get Myself Into?

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." ~Thomas Helm

Yes, I'm trying to finish up my revisions of One Night in Napa so I can pitch it at the NJRW Conference in 2 weeks.

Yes, I'm trying to gear up for the book I want to tackle during National Novel Writing Month (in my head and on scrap pieces of paper here and there).

And yes, I signed up to judge the EPPIES this year and was just flooded with manuscripts in my email inbox this morning.

I entered One Night in Memphis in the EPPIES this year, which is the main reason I decided I should help out and judge other categories. And I do enjoy reading and reviewing for LASR. It's educational and enlightening to see what other authors are doing. But yikes, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now! The good thing is that the scores have to be in by November 10, which means a lot of reading in the next 3-4 weeks and then I'm done.

In the meantime, that really nice weather they promised for today is also calling me to do some outside work...and of course there are 2 stacks of papers sitting on my dining room table, waiting to be graded as well.

Good thing I'm a really fast reader~

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

Can I just say... I know the feeling well, lol.

Good luck!