Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday!

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." ~Bo Derek

By the time you read this, I will probably be sleeping, having gotten up WAYYYY too early to hit the Day-After-Thanksgiving sales. Of course, after doing this last year, I swore I never would again...and yet there is something to the thrill of planning out the sales and getting to the stores when it is still dark outside.

I know, I'm crazy.

Making slow but steady progress on both Entwined and Summer's Song, though to be honest, I don't think I'm going to hit the 50,000 word mark by December 14, as was my original goal. When you're revising a whole other manuscript at the same time you're composing a brand new one, well, your head tends to spin a little. Anyway, I'm slogging on, so here's today's WC and sentence:

Current Word Count for Entwined: 13, 502

Yesterday's Fave Sentence: When the bones fall onto his lap, complete with a skull the size of his palm, it is all he can do not to scream aloud.

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Crazy, crazy... I don't do Black Friday.

Dru said...

I did it once and never again would I do it again. I hope you were successful in getting what you wanted.

Love today's sentence and WTG on the word count.

Diane Craver said...

I met some of my kids at the mall, but so crowded and waited in line for a long time. I didn't get very much either. Will go back during the week. LOL

Slow and steady progress on your writing is good!

Liz said...

No Black Friday for me - no way - hate lines. Instead I go to the office for an easy day of work and I'm like a hero to all the others so they can take the day off...little do they know....