Sunday, November 23, 2008

Manic Writing

"Writing is not a genteel profession. It's quite nasty and tough and kind of dirty." ~Rosemary Mahoney

I'm writing like a maniac today, since along with getting words down for Entwined, I'm also tackling a revision of Summer's Song for Black Lyon Publishing's Literary Love Story line. I couldn't even sleep that well last night because I was running over story possibilities in my head. How's that for living inside your novels?

So, here you go (and wish me luck on Summer's Song - I'm brutally slashing scenes and killing babies):

Current Word Count for Entwined: 9,878

Yesterday's Fave Sentence: By now, he knows the routines of everyone who works here, from the junior profs to the admissions staff to Dean Braber himself, who bangs blonde coeds once or twice a semester but never on Fridays, and certainly never after ten.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah fo Summer's Song!

Dru said...

Good luck with Summer's Song revisions.

WTG on your word count and I like this sentence.

Indrayani said...

Oh we have soooo much in common... I love animals and am in love with writing too.. I am still struggling with it and tryin to "grow" as a professional writer!!

And
I love your blog.
Whats the Summer's Song?
You writing a book or something...
Good luck with everything!

check out my blog when you get a chance. Any of the posts from "My fav writings " column on the right.And I am NOT saying this for the heck of it.. showing of my blog and all..
Actually I have been contacting other authors like yourself,to get their thoughts,constructive criticisms ANYTHING about writing...
I hope you respond!

Take care.
I am gonna keep coming back!

Marianne Arkins said...

You GO girl!!!!

Any news on your hubbies student?