Saturday, November 01, 2008

Update on NaNoWriMo

"Life can't ever really defeat a writer who is in love with writing, for life itself is a writer's lover until death - fascinating, cruel, lavish, warm, cold, treacherous, constant." ~Edna Ferber, A Kind of Magic, 1963

OK, here it is: I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. Well, I'm not doing it in the traditional manner, anyway. I have WAYYY too much on my plate (writing and otherwise) to start a book today. But the concept is to write a book in a month, right? November is nice because, hey, a bunch of other people are doing it then too. But a month is a month, so I'm setting mine as Nov 15 - Dec 14...because Dec 15th is my birthday and I'd like to have 50K words done by then. And by Nov 15, a lot of the craziness should have subsided. Of course, there might be other craziness (there always is, right?) but life should be more manageable by then.

So I have 2 weeks to tie up loose ends everywhere else, which means more reading and judging of EPPIE entries this weekend, finishing One Night in Napa and finetuning the synopsis, and putting together some promotional stuff as well.

Speaking of promotions, I have a book signing at my local Borders this afternoon - so I'm off.

Happy Saturday - and good luck to all those who've begun the NaNoWriMo challenge today!

3 comments:

Diane Craver said...

Sounds like a good plan for your new book. Good luck, Allie!

Marianne Arkins said...

That'll work! You'll be all excited just as I hit the wall, so hopefully that'll rub off.

Good luck at your signing!

Anonymous said...

Marianne do you know where Ginger is?