Friday, February 27, 2009

Promo Possibilities Everywhere...Who Knew?

"Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one." ~Augustine Birrell

A few days ago, I mentioned this new site, PaperBack Book Swap, as a cool place to exchange the books you've read for ones others have posted.

I've already sent and received one each, which is pretty neat, but - guess what? If you're an author, I think this might be a place for a little self-promo. I was Googling myself yesterday and got a hit on this very site for Lost in Paradise. It's on 2 people's Wish Lists! So...think I'm going to "swap" them a copy...with a little bookmark/excerpt booklet/info about my upcoming releases inside. I mean, who doesn't like an autographed copy and a free bookmark, right?

Authors, check and see if your books are listed there...it might be a chance to make a personal connection with a new reader! (Diane, I know 2 of yours are...)

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

That's really cool -- and, you'll create incredible amounts of goodwill. That's priceless.

Diane Craver said...

Thanks, Allie. You made my day! :) I'll join - sounds great.

Have a nice weekend!

Mary Ricksen said...

Sounds interesting. So basically you are just exchanging books?
Thanks for the idea Allie!

Liz said...

That is great idea! And I love that quote!