Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday Fun Facts

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." ~Oprah Winfrey

Attention all authors: the Backspace Writers Conference will be held on November 5 and 6 in NYC. This conference prides itself on creating an informal atmosphere in which authors and agents can mingle at several different times and in different ways, as opposed to the formal "agent pitch session" you'll find at most conferences. It's a little pricey, IMO ($500 for both days, $250 for one) but it might be worth a look if you're in the market for an agent.


**

A great writer's ezine, WOW-Women on Writing, just released their latest issue. Lots of writing info and opportunites. Check it out here.

**

A writing friend of mine emailed the other day to ask me how much I spend on marketing per book. I was embarrassed to admit that I don't know, exactly. I mean, I was able to sit down and figure out a rough estimate, between online and print advertising, ordering bookmarks/other swag, and buying my own author copies. But I know some other authors keep detailed accounts of every dime they spend on marketing and promotions. Are you one of those? Do you use Quicken or some other program to keep track of all your author expenses?

**

Have a great weekend!

No comments: