Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Mentionables: From a Cat's Perspective

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." ~Sigmund Freud

My owner, Allie Boniface, is taking a break from blogging today, so I told her I'd fill in for her. I mean, I've been around for over 14 years, and I've lived with her for 13 of those 14, so I have a pretty good idea of what she'd say, anyway. But today, I'd like to talk about why it's good to be a cat around the holidays...






First of all, if you have the chance to get a brand new scratching device of any kind, take full advantage of it. Make sure to lick your chops several times (yes, that's my tongue hanging out) before tasting it for fresh catnip.

And just in case your owner is not particularly quick at adding catnip, you can meow and wind yourself around her legs to remind her why it's your FAVORITE treat EVER.



It is especially invigorating to dig right in and sharpen those claws...




Though if a friend comes along and wants to try it out too, it's okay to let him. Just keep an eye on him.



Sometimes, in fact, those friends can be quite comforting and warm, especially when the temperatures get a little frosty! That's when it's best to remember the advantages of cuddling.



Finally, don't ever underestimate your importance when it comes to interior decorating. I have given several pieces of advice regarding the tree over the years - and as you can see by looking closely here, this year I needed to sit atop the ladder while my owners were hanging the lights to really have my say.


Guess that's all for today. Time for a nap in the sun...

1 comment:

Adam R said...

don't you think writing about future is a good idea ?
It generates curiosity and increase knowledge
something like prediction