Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Writers' Wednesday: What Am I Working On?

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~Scott Adams

I only have time for a quick post today, but I thought I'd share my 2 current projects (of course, they haven't gotten a lot of attention in the last couple of weeks since it's finals week for the College English classes I teach, which means piles of research papers and in-class essays everywhere calling my name). But beyond the final grade submission deadline, I have 2 glorious weeks of holiday break, and I'm hoping to make some headway on...

Entwined, my literary romance which right now is about 75K words long and really, really needs to be wrapped up and just finished already. It's been just about a year that I've been working on it, and while the end is in sight, I also know it needs some serious revision work beyond that end. Still, I really want to finish the last 10 chapters and then just let it sit for a month or so. Then I can move on to...

The Dance Club, a silly something I started a couple of weeks ago that is based solely on my experiences with my girlfriends at our Zumba class. There are about 5 of us who've become quite close, and they keep asking me to write a book with their/our stories, so I sat down, sketched out some ideas, and started writing. I don't know that I will even try to publish it - it will probably resemble chick lit (which is dead in the publishing world) or maybe women's fiction (which still has a chance). Either way, it's just for them, and I'm having fun at this point, only 5K words in. Friday I'll post an excerpt...until then, have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your book on dancing is more viable to fit in a movie script format,dancing movies are very successful due to the great presence of the dynamics of dancing in themselves,and also a very appropiate background for romance which is your field.
I welcome you to comment on one of my micro stories,which is what I specialize in.Only one or two of mine are romantic,although I believe that writing is also an expression of love.