Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Writers' Wednesday: Working on Galleys, and an Upcoming Signing

So this week, I'm working my way through my galleys for Summer's Song, which releases in print the first week in November. Galleys are the final chance for authors to read through the work before it goes to print for good. Usually when I read galleys, I find quite a few minor errors. But this time (so far), only 2. I'll admit it's tough sometimes, though, to read through a story that (1) you finished writing a while ago and (2) you've probably read a zillion times before. So yes, it's tedious. But once it's done, it'll be ready for release November 2, so mark your calendars!

****

And speaking of marking calendars, for any local readers, I have a book signing at the Borders in Middletown (Galleria Mall) on Saturday, July 10th, from 2-4 pm. One Night in Napa will be available in print for the first time! Hope to see some of you there...

3 comments:

Liz said...

oh darn I'll be at eileen workshop that day

Kristabel Reed said...

Just wanted to stop by here and say how much I enjoyed the audio of LOST IN PARADISE. Fantastic-I had to buy the e-book, I enjoyed it that much. I saw you're on Tilly Green's blog today, One Night in Napa sounds equally good!

Allie Boniface said...

Thanks Kristabel! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)