Friday, March 16, 2007

What Do You Read?

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."
— Jorge Luis Borges


Good news! Samhain just found out that they’ve become an official RWA-recognized publisher! This means, among other things, that I’ll be able to apply for PAN status (which is the RWA published authors group) as well as enter my book in the RITA contest, if I choose. And to romance authors, those are pretty big buzz-words.

I have to give a big thumbs-up to Christina Brashear, Samhain’s publisher and founder. She’s a workaholic and a tremendous supporter of romance authors!

Stole this meme from Nicole - thanks!

Reading Interview

1. A book that's changed your life:
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Powerful female protagonist and a scintillating look at the value (and risk) of not conforming to society. I read it in college and was floored.

2. A book you've read more than once: Oh, Gosh, many. The Little House series. Several of Stephen King's books. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

3. A book you'd take onto a desert island
: The Collected Works of Wm. Shakespeare (it would keep me busy for a while!).

4. A book that made you laugh: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Mr. and Mrs. Bennett are terrifically hilarious.

5. A book that made you cry: The Pact by Jodi Picoult

6. A book you wish had never been written: Can't think of one. The written word has a lot of power, so I'd hate to say something should never have existed at all.

7. A book you wish had been written: There's some great YA out now that I wish I'd been able to read when I was in HS, including Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.

8. A book you're currently reading: I'm back and forth between The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama and Lisey's Story by Stephen King.

9. A book you've been meaning to read: 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

10. Tag people you want to hear from: Anyone and everyone who reads!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Congratulations, Allie!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that's great! Best of luck to you if you decide to enter the contest. :)

I loved Altas Shrugged as well. Not sure if it 'changed my life' really, but it definitely impressed me.

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm thrilled Samhain got approved so quickly... with any luck, Wild Rose will be joining them soon. Awesome news!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the credit! *wink*

veinglory said...

It's great about Samhain :) Although I am still pretty uninterested in the RWA.