Sunday, July 01, 2007

It's a Meme, Meme, Meme, Meme Weekend (Part 2)

And today's meme is borrowed from Marianne:

Fifteen Things for which I am Truly Grateful

(Appearing in no particular order)

1. My family - my parents, my sister, my husband. My niece and nephew. Everyone who shows me what unconditional love is.
2. My health - physical, mental, and emotional. I love that my legs and lungs are strong enough to run 6 miles without stopping, and I love that my brain can lie to my body and tell me I can keep going when I'm tired.
3. My job - I teach, and it's the best career in the world. Really.
4. My house - it's beautiful and safe and I'm grateful everyday I turn into my driveway that it belongs to me.
5. My financial stability - and that I earned it through sheer hard work.
6. My intelligence - just lucked out on this one.
7. My creativity - same as above.
8. My pets - let's really talk about unconditional love, shall we?
9. My friends - for being supportive and loving and crazy and forever there for me.
10. My appreciation for music - it keeps me sane and stills me.
11. My history - all the mistakes I've made that have turned into learning experiences that made me who I am.
12. My ability to balance a hectic life with inner peace.
13. My freedom and independence. There are very few other countries in which I'd want to live, as a woman today.
14. My contracts with Samhain and TWRP.
15. My online community - a whole other world of friends and colleagues I've discovered!

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

It's fun to find things to be thankful for, don't you think? And when you get going... it's hard to stop!

How'd the race go yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you forgot to be thankful for having the most wonderful mother-in-law possible!!
And in another blog...I think you spelled Mel's last name wrong. I just want it to be right when you use him as a character in your next book.
Your M-I-L

Allie Boniface said...

Marianne, The race was awesome. Very tough, lots of hills, but that's what makes finishing all the sweeter. Honestly, racing - getting from the starting line to the finish line and dealing with all the hard spots inbetween - is a good metaphor for writing. And for life.

And anonymous (dear MIL), *of course* my laws are included with my "parents," you know. And I decided I was going to spell Mel's last name the way it sounded inside my head. A name like that has to have about 10 different spellings, anyway. :)

Jim Melvin said...

Health is so key, isn't it? Everything else pales in comparison.

Rebecca said...

you can run 6 miles without stopping?? That's fantastic.

Great list Allie