Sunday, July 08, 2007

Vacationing...

"Too much work, and no vacation,
Deserves at least a small libation.
So hail! my friends, and raise your glasses,
Work's the curse of the drinking classes."
~Oscar Wilde

Randomness...feed your mind and your blog



1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
This is a hard one...I'd say someplace warm or someplace that has great historical or cultural significance. There's not one single place I'd go back to time and time again. New is good.

2. Would you rather drive or fly?
Ugh. Both have their downfalls. Driving is nice if we're talking a single day's worth. But there are some *terrible* drivers on the roads. Seriously. Flying is convenient for getting to far-away places quickly, but I sort of have this whole crashing fear, so...
3. Have you ever been on a cruise? Would you want to go on one?
Oh, interesting story...hubby and I went on a 5-day cruise of the Hawaiian islands for our honeymoon, and I was seasick the whole time. So no, I wouldn't want to go on another one.

4. What has been your best/worst vacation?
Best: toss-up between Maui (actually staying on the island, not cruising around it) and Germany/Austria/hiking the Alps.
Worst: no such thing.

5. How long do you think is long enough for a vacation?
1-2 weeks. After that it's nice to come home and sleep in my own bed!

6. Do you spend alot of money while on vacation? Do you buy alot of souvenirs? What's the coolest one you've gotten?
I spend more than I probably should, but on events/adventures/dinners. I don't buy a lot of material things on vacation. The coolest souvenirs are always pictures and memories.

7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
Italy and Greece!



No comments: