Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friendships and Book Memes and Trailers

Last night, I was on the phone for almost 2 hours with one of my closest friends from high school. We've gone in completely different directions since then, but it's one of those friendships where you can pick up the phone anytime, any year, and know you'll have exactly the same kind of heart-to-heart, laugh-a-minute conversation you did when you were teenagers having a sleepover. It's nice.

And she's writing a book! Not only is she writng a book, but she wants my feedback on it (since I'm an oh-so-successful published author now :)...and she has a really good premise for a story. I was already thinking of all the ways she could market it (does that mean I'm really sucked into this whole publishing thing?) Anyway, I can't wait to read it.

Here's a funny book meme, to add to the collection of the ones that have been circulating the last few weeks.

And here's a book trailer contest to enter, for anyone who's interested. No big prize as far as I can see, just bragging rights and another way for new authors to get their names out there. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't enter, so the prize can go to me :)

Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Michael said...

"Bury this meme and forget about it." Haha. Honestly, I like memes. They can be fun, as long they don't require me tag any more then one or two people!

And those trailer awards look interesting. I especially liked Mark's for The Mars Imperative.

Melissa Blue said...

I love the memem.