Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Writers' Wednesday: An Interview with Annmarie Ortega

Welcome to another Writers' Wednesday! Today I'm happy to welcome erotica author Annmarie Ortega to share her story with us.




Hi Annmarie! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Well, I am a published erotica writer from Chicago, Illinois. I have been going to school to complete my Bachelor's Degree in Fiction Writing, and I first got published in October of 2005. I am currently published with New Concepts, Whiskey Creek Torrid, The Dark Castle Lords, Red Rose Publishing and Resplendence Publishing. My work is available in both ebook and print.

Wow, that's great! Tell us about your most recent work.

My most recent release is called Deal With the Devil from Resplendence Publishing. It's a story about a woman who makes a deal with the Devil, but instead of wanting her soul, he wants her body. I will also have a short story out in time for Christmas at Whiskey Creek Torrid called Jack's Frost.

What advice can you give to new writers, who are just starting out?

My advice to new writers is to always keep writing... Don't get bogged down on rewrites, you can always go back and fix things. Also, don't be afraid to submit your work. Go for it and see what happens.

What kinds of books do you most enjoy? Any favorite authors?

I love reading romances and erotica. My favorites are Sherrilyn Kenyon, Madeline Hunter, and Marianne La Croix. Marianne writes for Ellora's Cave and I met her back in 2005, and we've actually become very good friends.

OK, the million-dollar question: how do you balance writing with the rest of your life?

When I'm not writing I try to fit in the rest of my life. I spend time with my family, try to catch up on reading, and watch television. I'll go rent movies and try to play catch up on what's been released on dvd.

How do you compose? Computer, by hand, dictation...?

When I write, I usually start out writing everything by hand in notebooks. When the first few chapters are written I'll enter everything into my computer, then go back to the notebooks.


Thanks for joining us today, Annmarie!

Want to know more about this author and her work? Visit her at her Myspace page!

1 comment:

Diane Craver said...

Cool interview! I'm happy to learn about your releases. I read LADY OF SIN by Madeline Hunter a few months ago and loved it.