Saturday, November 08, 2008

Another Contest for All You Authors Out There!

"I'll take any trophy. I don't care what it says on it." ~Mary Louise Parker

First, I'd like to throw out a big THANKS to Diane, who awarded me the "I Love Your Blog" award this past week. I haven't felt too inspiring or interesting lately, so I'm not feeling really worthy of such a kind award, but perhaps that will change soon.

Perhaps.

Second, here's an interesting sort of contest for all you writers out there: Miss Snark's Secret Agent Contest. How does it work? Well, when she puts out the call (next one is Monday Nov. 10th), submit the first 250 words of your completed ms. She'll post the first 75 on her blog, where critiquers can fire away with likes and dislikes. The catch? One of the critiquers is actually a literary agent - whose identity is revealed later on.

Want to know more? Click here for all the details.

And now I'm off to give a presentation on promotion and marketing to my local RWA chapter. Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thanks for the link and thanks for your great presentation at todays meeting.